Looking to add a little Asian flair to your ribs? Try out my easy Asian barbecue sauce for a new twist on a barbecue classic.
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup gochujang (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (see notes)
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water as necessary to thin out the sauce if it’s too thick. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before using. The sauce should keep for several weeks if tightly covered and refrigerated.
- Gochujang is a fermented chili paste. It can also be found in Asian markets or higher end grocery stores.
- Chili garlic sauce can most likely be found at your local grocery store. A common brand is Huy Fong, the same folks that make Sriracha sauce.
Keywords: Asian BBQ Sauce