Perhaps you trudged through one of my barbecue restaurant reviews only to discover that I don’t like the food. “Bollocks!”, you exclaim to yourself, as you think of the precious moments you just wasted trying to find a good place to eat that evening. Well, good news my friend, I’ve decided upon a rating system for my reviews. After each restaurant review, I’ll post my rating next to the name on the Portland BBQ Tour post. That way, you can quickly surmise your options for barbecue debauchery. Read on for details.
The ratings are in half point increments and range from 1 to 5. When assigning a rating, I am almost exclusively considering the food alone. The service and ambiance would have to be abysmal for me to alter my rating. I’ve included some intuition around the scores below.
- Awful — Nearly all items tried are poorly executed. Will not be back unless forced against my will.
- Okay — A few items were good, but the rest were poor. Unlikely to return unless I hear of improvement.
- Average — Roughly half the items were good or a few were great. Would possibly stop by if in the area.
- Good — Quality barbecue. Most items are good. Would come back and recommend to friends and family.
- Great — Exceptional barbecue. Close to perfection. Would walk barefoot through glass and nails to eat here again.