Okay, so you probably don’t scour the internet for amazing bleu cheese dressing recipes, but it’s so easy to make and definitely better than the preservative laden garbage you are likely to find at the store. Plus, it’s hard to find a better dip for your crudité platter — a fancy French term for a plate of raw veggies.
I love dipping club crackers in this dip as well, and let’s not forget the ensuing nirvana when taking down a plate of wings with this cool and creamy condiment.
Use a good creamy bleu cheese for this recipe, not the pre-crumbled stuff. I love Bleu d’Auvergne or the bleu cheese from Rogue Creamery when I’m feeling something local. But honestly, any creamy bleu cheese you like will work here. Just stay away from the harder crumbly stuff.Print
A decadently creamy bleu cheese dressing with a little red wine vinegar zip. This is sure to be your favorite to pair with your veggies, wings, and more.
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled creamy bleu cheese (see notes)
- 1 Tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients together.
- Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper
- You want a creamy bleu cheese here. Something like a Bleu d’Auvergne or a Gorgonzola Dolce is nice, but you want to stay away from the drier longer aged cheeses.
Keywords: bleu cheese, cheese, dips, dressings